Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Asked: 3/1/2008, 12:26 by Antia Schulze.
Answered: 20/1/2008, 21:51 by Douglas Welsh, James Urry.
- If the mare was vaccinated prior to the foaling, do not vaccinate the foal under 4 months of age.
- Antibodies in foals from vaccinated mares wane between 4-6 months.
- If the mare was not vaccinated, then you can vaccinate the foal from 3 months of age and repeat 6 months later.
- The foals own immune process does not function under 3 months.
- As you are entering AHS time, take all precautions with repellants etc.
Submitted by: Dave Mullins, Equine Veterinarian